Friday, January 10, 2014

A TOOL FOR COMING TOGETHER UNDER THE HEADSHIP OF CHRIST

JANUARY 10, 2014 BY APOSTLE DON ATKIN

(1) A Christian educator and apostolic leader with international influence, (2) a member of the executive staff of a megachurch, (3) a worldwide leader of house church movements, (4) an apostolic conference speaker and author, (5) the senior pastor of a charismatic congregation, and (6) an apostle who is birthing, developing and encouraging kingdom communities on local, regional and national levels, have all enthusiastically endorsed “Apostolicity – The High Way to Dominion” which will be available late in January.

Fifty topical chapters, nearly 400 pages, the book’s objective is to engender faith and provide a biblical basis for those from a great variety of backgrounds and persuasions to come together under the headship of Christ, and serve in unison the purpose of God—to fill the earth with His glorious kingdom through many sons.

If in my lifetime I might be instrumental in forging a vision, imparting conviction, and transforming attitudes, I will have succeeding in fulfilling my purpose.  Fifty years of walking with Jesus has brought me to this place.  I cannot improve upon Paul’s inspired words: 

I implore you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling with which you have been called, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, showing tolerance for one another in love, being diligent to preserve the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.

I have no right to speak anything to a brother unless or until I can do so in love, with all humility and gentleness, with patience.  God knows that over the years I have desperately needed brothers who would tolerate me—speaking the truth to me in love with all candor and grace.  Seldom have I found those who would do so.  And, I have failed to do so with others.

My prayer is that we will be secure enough in the finished work of Jesus to face our unfinished parts with integrity when others question or challenge us.  And, when we question or challenge others, may Father’s love and grace find their way into our communication through our humility and gentleness.

May we no longer build walls and begin to build bridges.  Those who are securely founded on the reality of Christ within will find grace for one another.  I remember these words:  “No one cares how much we know until they know how much we care.”

Speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in all aspects into Him who is the head, even Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment