Saturday, December 6, 2014

Thoughts on Recent Events..

Lately I have been so frustrated and disappointed with folks concerning the Eric Garner and Michael Brown death commentary here with folks in my own FB list and social media abroad. But yet, I am grateful because it has shown me what you are...and now I know what to do....

There is so much insensitivity to these families and the black race overall. Someone still lost their son....no one deserves to die because of what they were perceived as.. (thug, etc). I could give adequate rationale for why Treyvon, Michael, and Eric should be alive....but let me say this....we have mass murderers who live to be arrested. And don't get me started on looting....I've seen looting and riots incited for a raggedy sports game outcome. Not condoning it or sanctioning it because there's a better way but don't act like they're just bored. I honestly think that many folks are looting have NO interest in the cause at hand.

My heart weeps for the families of these young men, us (blacks), and for us the human race.

What's sad is that folks are missing the whole point. This is about blacks, but it is much bigger than us. What is tolerated and judged as a black problem today, tomorrow is a different day. Count on it. Ebola should have been a clue for you.

There are good and bad in each race; and each have representation on the police force. We shouldn't have to fear the police, but yet here we are...

For those who say that we have to pray....that's true. But we don't pray and stick our heads in the sand.. And yes, we pray for and forgive for our enemies too. God is a God of action. Strategy should follow prayer. If your inaction is due to the fact that you're waiting on the next Dr. Martin Luther King Jr, then you'll be waiting awhile. This movement will require many leaders to stand up and lead the charge.

Some people of color are leading in our everyday lives. Standing in integrity and character. Withstanding the invisible enemy, and blazing a trail of hope for those willing to move forward to the next level.

Just my thoughts...

#blacklivesmatter
#ferguson
#icantbreathe

No comments:

Post a Comment