Wednesday, February 13, 2013

The Marriage Journey III

Today's Marriage Journey:
As I pondered what to say tonight, I ran across this quote:  "Grace ends competition in marriage." Paul Zahl
Reading thid, I realized that I have learned that the purpose of a marriage covenant under God is to be an illustration of His relationship with us.

Grace is a foundational element of this illustration. Grace is unmerited favor. It cannot be bought or earned. It is freely given by the Creator to us and so it should be amongst each other....

Grace in marriage says....I am going to allow you room to grow without judgement. Grace (and love) says in marriage also says that we do not keep score of wrong doing or mistakes. In our lives, grace is the room for God to deliver us collectively and individually instead of us trying to deliver each other. Whew. Selah. Be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment