Thursday, August 8, 2013

It's in the Genes!

Some time ago my daughter was admiring the length and strength of my nails and said, "I wish my nails would grow like that..." I held my hands close to hers and said...you got it, know why? Cause it's in the genes baby! Now, they've grown long and strong...she came home the other day and told us that someone asked her if they were real- to which she replied, "of course, because it's in my genes!" Haha..

And so it is in the Kingdom of God. When we accept Him as our savior- we take on His spiritual DNA. Romans 8:14-15 tells us: "For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father."

God's DNA gives us: holiness, righteousness, love, joy, peace, long suffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, and temperance just to name a few.

So, when adversity comes your way- declare the power of God that lives on the inside of you. God's spiritual DNA transcends any boundaries and His unrelenting love is unconditional.

~What's in YOUR genes? I'm grateful for the spiritual DNA of God! ~

No comments:

Post a Comment