Thursday, June 13, 2013

Mouth and A Wisdom!

Yesterday, I chuckled at someone who tried to passively aggressively attack me. He said..."surely if LaQuetta can understand, everyone else can..." Interestingly enough and without a beat, I responded with, "My intelligence is above average, so you should probably find another gauge." Everyone exploded into laughter. He tried to bait me- but it didn't even phase me. Most of you who have known me for some years know that this would have ended differently if God had not caught me.

As I went home and reflected upon my day, I was like- wow, God!! I am really free! Jesus!! Thank you!!
There was a time in my life where I would literally plan out conversations with other people in my head. This was a part of my strategy to make sure that no one would have the upper hand.

This was a great plan and defense mechanism, well...in my mind- until I ran across this scripture:
Luke 21: 14-15: Settle it therefore in your hearts, not to meditate before what ye shall answer: For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist.

This was like super liberation for me because I learned to trust God with my responses and He has not failed me yet. Do not take the evil of others and let their actions dictate your peace. Will you let Him help you respond?

Note: I am not telling you these stories to brag, but to show you that overcoming is possible. Surely if He can deliver me- there is hope for everyone. Be Blessed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment