Sunday, June 16, 2013

Trust Fall!!!

There's a game that my sons learned about in school. It's called trust fall. A trust fall is where a person walks up to another person and falls- trusting that the person will catch them.

This game requires a few things:
  1. A person willing to fall 
  2. A person willing to lose control of themselves
  3. A person willing to relinquish that control into the hands of another
My sons, who are both well over six feet tall, are often the "catchers" of people wanting to do trust falls. A couple of reasons for that...they are awesome gentlemen who are more than likely not going to let someone fall. Second, they are big enough to catch anyone in their school for the most part.

God's trust fall is recorded in Matthew 28-29: Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

God wants us to rest in Him- completely. When the storms of life rage hard and there seems no end in sight- He wants us to throw our hands up, and say- "Trust Fall!!" We have to be willing to let go and relinquish that control unto Him. He is more than capable to hold our weight and burdens.

Who's ready to lift their hands and say, "Trust fall!!" I am! Be blessed on purpose!

No comments:

Post a Comment