Monday, October 14, 2013

A Source of Rejuvination: Family Hangout!

This weekend, our family went to the local Golf and Stuff. We played 18 holes of mini golf and 30 minutes of laser tag as well as some arcade games. It was fun. I had some hole in one putts and I think I lost weight running around after my husband and kids in the 6,000 sq ft. laser tag arena. Perhaps I should have stretched before I started. Lol.

After four hours of hanging out- I realized that I hadn't thought about the affects of the government shutdown, personnel issues, chaos or any of the issues (or people) that try to take control of my life. We normally set aside a night for family game time at least once a week, but we've been missing it a lot lately due to a myriad of issues...It was beginning to turn into a distant memory. My kids dropped not so subtle hints that they missed their nights. And we all promised to do better.

This weekend served as a reminder that we need times of rest, relaxation and quality time as a unit...a time to get away from it all. It doesn't have be expensive or cost anything. We've had many family nights at home playing Monopoly or Uno or the Wii.

Let this serve as a reminder that we can all use a little time out of the "Matrix" of our normal lives. Set aside a time to hang with your family and protect it as sacred. Rotate who chooses the activities. It's okay to hang out and have fun..especially as a family. We only get one shot at their childhood and as this phase starting to come to a close in our childrens life...I wanted to be sure that we created some memories that they could carry with them forever.

Starting out may be awkward, but press through it. Everyone will be better off for it. ♡♥♡♥♡♥

No comments:

Post a Comment