Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Shutdown Thoughts and Prayer

For those who will be affected by the goverment shutdown, know that I am praying for you.

"I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth. He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: He that keepeth thee will not slumber...." Psalms 121:1

For the ones who have just recovered from furlough and are now entering another version of it....just as He has already proven- you shall live and not die! Know that God has you in His hands.

For the ones who are mandated to work and are receiving the "we'll pay you when a decision is made" letter, trust that God is the ultimate source.

For those that are in a holding pattern and may be working until funding is exhausted, trust that God is in control!

I am sure that there are other scenarios that I have missed, but in all of them, God's words states: "I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread." -Psalms 37:25

Stressing and worrying will only make you sick. Do what you need to do to make it through. If that includes calling creditors and making them apprised of the situation, so be it. If that means cutting back. So be it.

Look out for each other. Check on each other. I have heard about one suicide already. Be mindful of family members that may be going through this and do what you can to help. Don't wait for them to ask. I am so grateful to those of you who have called to check on me and my family today already.

Remember that God's words states that: ""When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee." Isaiah 43:2 (KJV)

It may get a little hot, but you'll come out as pure gold! Remember I am praying and if I can help, let me know. Love you all to life for life!
 
A prayer: Dear Heavenly Father, we lift up the people in this situation up to you. We know that You sit high but You look low. Your word states that You will perfect those things that concern us. We lay this situation at Your feet. Although man thinks he is in control, we know that You are in control. There is NOTHING that has escaped Your eye. We trust that all things will work out for the good of those who love You and who are called according to Your purpose. Though the government has failed, You never fail us. We thank You Lord, in advance for strategies, tools to reduce and restructure, as well as opening the door for different streams of income and provision. By the power of Jesus, we take authority over the spirit of suicide and release Your word! We declare that Your voice is the voice that we will follow and that of a stranger we will not. We pray that the eyes and ears of believers are closed to the enemy in the name of Jesus. We do not look onto our situation as the final say! You are the author and finisher of our faith! We will stand strong in You, In Jesus name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment