Monday, October 28, 2013

Don't Live In a Glass House and Throw Stones

There is way too much control in the body of Christ when folks want to tell people what to watch on TV.

While I am all about order and holiness- I am believe that the power of the Holy Spirit is greater than man-made rules.

I've watched people who watch Scandal criticize people who watch LA Preachers. Are you kidding me? Hello pot. This is kettle. Over.

Do I watch these shows? No. Have I watched something that may be questionable to others? Yep. Will  people going to hell for watching them? Nope. We are to workout our own salvation with fear and trembling. I refuse to personally watch LA Preachers because the producers are looking to produce drama- not show the redemptive work of Christ. Tried to watch Scandal, but I'm just not cool with condoning a marital affair. But that's my thoughts. I can't push that on others......and NEITHER should any other leader.

Now...we should guide and help follk, but Christ's leadership on earth is not the holy police- at least I'm NOT going to do it. I am a firm believer that if you teach folks to hear the Holy Spirit and move out of the way.....they will move forward in greatness.

It is something to be said about what you watch, but we have to remember that these are still adults. The main reason why the body is still on milk is because some of the leaders need to shift them!! Present consequences and let them take responsibility for their own actions. They will have to be the ones answering for them anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment